Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rylee's 8th Birthday

I got an email from a friend of a friend asking if I could do some cookies for her daughter's birthday party. Her colors were Pink and Green and she wanted music, guitars, and zebra stripes. She mentioned Justin Beiber but I didn't really want to go there. My original idea was a zebra striped music note but I looked everywhere for a music note cookie cutter and somehow everyone in town was sold out. It was getting down to the wire so I had to do a last minute substitution. I sat down with my sketchbook to figure out what I was going to do and these came out almost exactly like my sketch. I had the privilege of delivering these to them today and Rylee was soooo excited. Their whole house was zebra, cheetah, tiger... you name an animal print and they probably had it, so these fit in great. I know I did more than the mom asked for but I really wanted to make something fun for the girls and I couldn't resist (plus they make a great pic for the blog, don't you think?).
(This pic is from Rylee's mom. I love the zebra platter! Maybe I need to get one of those, it makes the whole theme way more fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment