Sunday, December 4, 2011

R.O.C.K. Cookies #2

Nancy had me working hard this week... first these wonderful horse themed cookies to thank her workers and volunteers that help make R.O.C.K. the wonder place it is... next week I'm making graduation cookies for her daughter that is graduating as a nurse from UMHB. If you recall my first attempt at making horses (going-in-solo), these are far beyond the first set. I did research this time and tried to make each horse represent a real horse they had on property (their names are written on each cookie). Nancy wanted to have their brand new logo represented as well so what better place to put it than in a big heart :) The colors were simple, since I wasn't sure the theme to the party I thought the cowboy boots would be fun and easier to make than I thought.


I soooo wanted to keep the horse heads after I got done with them. My wonderful husband picked out the horse head cookie cutter, and to be honest it scared me to death the first time I tried to use it. These I tried to take my time with and that made all the difference... new lesson learned, them more you plan the more you love the end result.

3 comments:

  1. I love your horse cookies! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 23, 2014

    Great cookies! What did you use for the horse's eyes? The look like black candies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cookies! Where did you purchase the horse head cutter?

    ReplyDelete